Welcome to the home of the
Jefferson County History Center
The JCHS moved into the preserved N. G. Edelblute Building (1855-1875) on Historic Brookville’s Main Street in March 2004, the Bicentennial Year of the founding of Jefferson County.
Today the new History Center provides research facilities, exhibits, & public programs relating to Jefferson County's history, as well as serving as the primary Visitor Center for the 15-county Lumber Heritage Region.
Located at 172-176 Main Street, we are open Wed. - Sat. from 12 - 5 pm.
Jefferson County History Center | P. O. Box 51 | Brookville, PA 15825